Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lions and Tigers and...Other Stuff


Today I'm not entirely sure what I most want to share with you, so if this post is a little random I apologize in advance :)

I guess I'll start out with a bit of news: after the past two months being away from home and several "coincidences" in conversations that I've had, things that I've read, and even music that I've listened to, God has been showing me that He wants me to trust Him, with everything. And so, I am starting the long and slow application process to be a journeyman. I have absolutely no idea what will happen with it all, or where God will take me, but I'm excited to wait and see!

In other news, we just keep on having adventures around here. Today we had some free time, so Liesa, our mom for the semester, drove us out of the city to explore a bit. We ended up at a zoo, which normally isn't my favorite place to be, but it was actually a great experience. The animals were pretty typical as far as zoos go, but the fun part of being at a zoo in a foreign country is that they don't have a problem letting you get up close and personal with animals. We rode on a fun little zebra striped safari truck and had camels sneak up on is looking for food. That's definitely the closest a camel has ever been to my face! We also got to watch them feed the bears, which was pretty entertaining, but my absolute favorite was the feeding of the lions. Instead of watching them throw a piece of meat to the lions as we sat far away behind a fence, we were taken into a small little room behind the lion enclosure. Then they let the lion into a tiny cage in the room and fed it as we stood about a foot away. It was basically awesome. I definitely never did that in the states!

We're supposed to do a few other touristy things soon as well, because the school we usually help out at has a crazy week and we are left jobless for the next several days. That means I'll probably be sharing a few more adventures of a tourist with you soon :) Don't worry, we do actually work once in a while too!

That's all I have enough patience to type out right now, but if you want to read more about what's going on around  here, check out Anna's and Natasha' s blogs that I linked over on the right. They're pretty awesome people, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment