Here you will find the thoughts of an ordinary woman who serves an extraordinary Savior.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
I usually get lost
Hello friends!
So I'm not really sure what all any of you would like to know about my adventures here in Mexico, so I'm just going to write random facts and if you get bored, don't worry, I won't be offended.
I live with three other girls, Anna, Natasha, and Jennifer. We are in a third floor apartment and also are able to spend as much time as we would like on the "palapa" or, roof. That is where our hammocks currently reside,and I absolutely love it up there. It's a great place to relax. I'm even getting used to the jinks, beeps, shouts, songs, and random recorded messages that sound all day long. Oh yeah, the barking dogs too :) It's a really, really nice place. We live in walking distance of pretty much anything we could need, including a van where we buy fresh bread once in a while.
One of the creators of the most adventures here is the bus system. Unlike the bus system I am used to at home, although the buses here do follow routes (sort of),they don't have specific stops, so trying to get somewhere is a bit like playing fission roulette. You never know how exactly it will turn out. Add to that the fact that we travel together, a group of white American girls. Apparently that makes us fascinating, because we are stared at wherever we go. I'm beginning to get more used to it, so if when I get home I'm constantly worried about people watching me, you'll know why.
Now I must sign off, because I have a busy day of tutoring, market shopping, and ESL planning to get rested for. Please keep me and my friends in your prayers as we try to serve in this completely different context!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um Ellen, you're cool and I like this post. We should Skype sometime if I find a computer with such advanced capabilities...anyway you're dumb!
ReplyDelete