Here you will find the thoughts of an ordinary woman who serves an extraordinary Savior.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
adventures and other things
Hello from Mexico! Now that I have been out of the jungle for almost a week, and have had a few days to experience the new culture that I'm in, I've decided that I should list a few of the things I've experienced over the past 41 days with you. Let's start with the jungle.
1. Riding in a plane with ashtrays.
2. Riding in a plane where every seat (all 10 of them) was a window seat.
3. Hanging a hammock.
4. Falling to the floor when trying to test my hammock because the rope snapped.
5. Waking up on the floor a few nights later to realize that my hammock rope had broken, again.
6. Bathing in the river.
7. Washing my clothes in the river.
8. Sharing a house with roaches as big as my hand, and a pink footed tarantula.
9. Having a lizard crawl on my back.
10. Riding in a boat on the river instead of in a car on the highway.
11. Bucket flushing the toilet.
12. Drinking frog/sludge water without realizing it.
13. Being told I was loved by a drunk jungle native.
14. Getting a Chaco tan in January.
15. Finding out how small the world is (3 times!)
Mexico (thus far)
1. Fitting 9 people in a car best suited for 5.
2. Being stared at by EVERYONE for being white.
3. Seeing a police officer with a machine gun strolling around the grocery store.
4. Leaving for church 10 minutes after it's scheduled to start.
5. Hearing "call me maybe" while in Wal-Mart (weird)
6. Eating amazing food (mole, tacos al pastor, chocolate filled churros)
7. Meeting my nephew "Toby" over Skype :)
8. Good bonding time with my 3 roomies.
9. Hearing parties on the roof until all hours of the night.
10. Buying bread from the back of a van (aka the peetamobile)
11. Hanging Christmas decorations.
12. Defeating (hopefully for good) my friend the parasite.
13. Making friends with Canadian tourists.
14. Using my fifth type of currency for the year.
15. Speaking Spanish!!!
As you can see, I am having some pretty awesome experiences. God has blessed me to allow me to see so many things and meet so many people. Please be in prayer for Jennifer, Anna, Natasha, and myself (or Jane, as we have decided to call ourselves) as we serve this community, that we will put others´ needs before our own and will also grow in our relationships with others and with God.
Thank you for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment