When I was growing up, I had a lot of women in my life who taught me a lot of different things. One of those things was how to crochet. My grandmother, my great-grandmother, and several different women from my church all had a hand in teaching me the basics of crochet at various points in time. They helped me mend my mistakes, so that whatever I was making could still be useful. I can’t say that I ever became a master at it, but because of the time that they spent teaching me, I at least learned the basics. It was also extremely helpful knowing that if I ever had a question, I could go to one of them, and they would help me figure out a solution.
Well, there was something else that these women, and many others, also taught me. They taught me the most important thing of all: how to follow God. They began with the basics, like how God created the world, and everything in it, including mankind. They told me how mankind made a mistake, and sinned against God. They also told me how God provided a way to fix that mistake, how God wanted to make all of us useful again, for His glory. God did this by sending His Son Jesus to earth, to live as a man, and to die to pay for our sins. Then God raised Jesus back to life again! These wonderful people in my life then taught me that I must surrender my life completely to God, to allow God to change me, to forgive me for all of my sins, and to use me for His glory.
Although I don’t get the opportunity to use what these women taught me about crochet very often, what they taught me about following God is something that I use every single day. It is because of those lessons that I am going where I am going, and doing what I am doing. I am so grateful to God for putting people in my life who were willing to spend time teaching me.
Love this! <3
ReplyDelete