Saturday, May 11, 2013

For EARL


In light of the fact that today was graduation day for, I don't know, EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW, I've been catapulted into that awkward state of being which is known as reminiscence. AKA, feeling kinda sappy. Lucky you! Haha, if you don't want to read any of my weird memories, feel free to exit this blog immediately.

So yes, the good ole days of college. (I'm allowed to call them the good ole days, because I've been a graduate for an entire 5 months now. At least, that's my justification.) I remember a lot of things, but today I especially remember 3 crazy, strange, and fantastic people. That's right; Amy Davis, Rebecca Brack, and Lisa (the freak) Kieklak.

Now, some of you probably know these girls/women/whatever we're supposed to classify ourselves as now. I only knew one of them, until that one night 4ish years ago when we all ended up in the Reid Bible study freshman year of college. From then on we were pretty much super glued together. We had become EARL. (Cheesy, I know, but who can resist an awesome acronym when it's just handed to you?)

Over the next four years we had some awesome adventures, some not so fantastic days when we all lived together, and some really, really awesome nights of "spontaneity". We had our failed attempt at a blog, our rainy day scavenger hunt, our runway epicness, the KNIFE video, and about a billion other things.

Now, things are changing. We won't all live in the same town. Half of EARL will have husbands. Eventually, someday (hopefully soon, Lisa) we will all be college graduates. But, as this semester has already proved, w  all know how to use Skype :)

Thank you, my EARL friends, for the blessings you have all been to me. I am so grateful to God for bringing us all together when we all needed each other. Love you all!

P.S.
I can be your friend...la la la.
Let's get down to business...to defeat...the Huns.
Princess Melvin Sprite Your Face
Pranking people.
Whistling "s"
Arm wrestling.
Andes mints
Eventually, someday.
Ferret.
Spread the jolly.
Nikpmup

1 comment:

  1. :) Dear sweet Ellen,
    We may not live in the same house anymore,we may not live in the same town anymore, and for the time being we may not even be in same country anymore. However I am so thankful to have a friendship with you, Lisa, and the Texan that is not defined or bound by the number of miles between us, but instead by our mutual faith in Christ and the knowledge that every other absurdity we take part in and joyfully ridiculous moment we share are blessings added on to that which we have already been given. I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of you, and how much I can't wait to see you again. I hope you will not think me too ridiculous to leave you with this cheesy comment, no matter where we go, we will always be EARL in our hearts! (yeah I know it's bad, but if you have a problem with it....Uncle Bart!)

    ReplyDelete