Monday, April 22, 2013

Peace


God is so good. Right now I am enjoying the sounds of raindrops and thunder from the comfort of my hammock, while watching the clouds fade from pink to gray as the sun sinks below the mountains. An amazing breeze is blowing, and everything is just so peaceful. There is, of course, the ever present sound of cicadas and barking dogs, but even that is peaceful tonight. It's just one of those moments when you KNOW God is there. I am so blessed.

I must admit, I've been a little discouraged. My time here is running out so quickly, and its so easy to look at all that I've done and feel like the time was too short to do any good, that the only person whose life will be at all changed by my being here is my own. Maybe that's the truth, but now I'm okay with that.

See, I know I'm different now. I can't really explain in what ways I'm different, I just know I am. Don't worry, I'm still annoyingly literal and eternally sarcastic. I still have my dad's habit of turning everything you say into a song. But somehow, in some way, I know I've changed. It's kinda scary, considering I'll be back in Arkansas in almost exactly a month, and I have no idea how this strange new version of myself will handle the good ole u.s.a. Yet still, I'm excited to see how God uses this new me for His glory.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading! I learned somewhere along the way that God is just as much concerned with my sanctification and working in me, as He is in anything that He may bless me by allowing me to play a small part in. But, just so you know, all 4 of you girls have made an impact on me. I was not walking with the Lord or willing to be used by him in any way that would have caused me to die to myself when I was your age. I am always greatly encouraged to meet young men and women that love the Lord and are willing to step out in faith to follow him. It gives me great hope for my own kids, and just encourages and blesses me. I am sure God has great things in store for you as you return to the states. Saying a prayer for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete